Parents and newborn photography. Do you need to include yourself in the newborn photos?
Quite often parents hesitate whether or not they want to participate in their newborn photography session. Sometimes they even decide beforehand that they want only their newborn baby on the photos.
However, I always recommend parents to consider being in the photos with their baby. I think these are the most precious images and memory you’ll have for a lifetime.
Here in Vancouver I have never had a parent who would regret being included. Moreover, images with parents become favourite and most cherished from the whole session.
Five reasons to include yourself in the newborn photography photo session:
1. Only in comparison to mom’s and dad’s arms and body we can truly see the newborn tininess.
2. Connection captured on the photos will evoke your emotions through the years and bring you back to this beautiful moment. That’s what I’m looking for at my photography sessions.
New moms might be uncomfortable in their changed bodies so I will choose the most flattering angles and shoot the top part.
3. Family love. Your family has changed in such a wonderful way! Your love evolution. This special change is an important milestone in your lives and definitely worth being documented.
4. I bet very soon you will have tons of photos of your precious little one. And you will absolutely be missing your family photos. So why not use an opportunity to get timeless professional family photographs?!
5. Your baby will love these images when he grows up. All he needs to know is that he has been loved, cared and treasured. His mom and dad are forever his most amazing people in the world. No extra pregnancy weight or tired look can influence this unconditional love.